Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Schedule update

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Schedule update
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:35 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Hi, Guys —

Duck dropped me a line to say that we might want to put up a progress report on exactly what I'm up to project wise.

A lot of what I've been up to lately is called Real Life™, and it's one of the big reasons that I missed last week's snippet posts. There are some other things going on, as well, though including the two short stories that I've done for Rob Hampson's upcoming "Legends" anthology; the treecat short story I've done for the LibertyCon anthology memorializing Tim Bolgeo, a very dear friend who was a great loss to anyone who ever knew him; and a fair amount of heavy-lifting prep work on other projects. Plus, of course, having a pair of eighteen-year-old daughters who are in their senior year which has, by my calculations, increased the school -related "running around like crazy" quotient by about, oh, 250%.

As far as what is on the horizon, some of it has already been reported to you, but other bits haven't, so let me itemize.

(1) Tom Pope and I need to get the current Manticore Ascendant novel back on track; Tim Zahn has been waiting patiently (fortunately he had other things he could do) for us for entirely too long. Part of that is the concussion effect on my part and part of it is Real Life on Tom's part. The ball is back in my court on the tactical portions of the novel, and that is my next project in line.

(2) Jane Lindskold and I have signed contracts with Toni Weisskopff for three more Star Kingdom novels.

(3) Richard fox and I will be doing a prequel series to In Fury Born. It won't deal with the characters from Fury but rather with the creation of the Terran Empire under Terrence Murphy.

(4) Eric Flint and I are working on the next Crown of Slaves novel, which will be set immediately after Uncompromising Honor and follow Victor and Anton (and new recruits Damien and Indiana) as they go hunting for the core of the Alignment onion. At least some of the Solarian Ghost Hunters will also be making an appearance.

(5) Jacob and I are looking at some overhaul of the Valkyrie Protocol after editorial input from Toni, and once that's out of the way, we will be starting work on the next novel in that series.

(6) I am looking at a collaborative sequel to The Apocalypse Troll, and I will be discussing that with my probable collaborator tomorrow afternoon.

(7) In the next week or so I will be doing a short story for Chris Kennedy's Trouble in the Wind anthology.

(8) As soon as I have all of my short stories out the door and have caught up with my part of the collaboration with Tim and Tom, I will be breaking ground on the sequel to Through Fiery Trials, which is my next solo project.

(9) My next solo project for Baen will be the sequel to The Sword of the South, which should follow directly after the next Safehold novel.

(10) And my next solo Honorverse project will be the story of Alfred Harrington's Marine service.

So, as you can see, I'm going to be busy for a while. It's good to be climbing back into the saddle after dealing with this stupid concussion, and I've been pretty satisfied with what I have produced over the last few months. There should have been more of it, but I am finally getting back to where I'd like to be in terms of productivity.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: Schedule update
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Good to hear that the "Ghost Hunters" will be involved!!!!! :D
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Lunan   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

So there was a hearsay report that a certain collaboration sequel was going to be getting looked at soon ish. Its not on this list? Here i find myself hoping its Jim for the Apoc Troll sequel, i know thats far fetched but damn that could be amazing.
I'm thrilled for the Fury books, and for the next set of Honorverse related works Tim and Tom's especially.
To me the best news is that Sword of the south book 2. Sword of the South was a great set up for an epic high fantasy romp, very much a Fellowship or Eye of the World start. Plus whenever the bloodyhand can raise his sword in service its usually gonna be interesting
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

That's a long list. Several years to write and even longer to get published I reckon. The story of Alfred Harrison's marine service is one which will be eagerly anticipated, but it's right at the end. May we all live in health to see it.
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:58 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Thank you, David!

By the way - is there any chance, that you could (in your copious free time) write the next installment of the Multiverse-series with Joelle, too?
And please - don't hit me, I'm just asking ...
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Cool :lol:

rubs hands with pleasure!
Post by Isilith   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

So many books I want to read, but I want them NOW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:A lot of what I've been up to lately is called Real Life™

...Wait, you means there is anything outside the web?! :D
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:44 pm

TFLYTSNBN

That running around would not be so onerous if you could somehow summon the courage to teach your 18 year old daughters how to drive. I taught three teenagers how to drive in a diesel Jetta with manual transmission. When my daughter became the sole driver, I took the precaution of leaving a .50 BMG round in the bin by the gear shift. Even if it failed as a deterent, it would induce ED.
Post by Henry Brown   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

That is a long and impressive list and I look forward to all of those books. :D But I do not see any mention of Into the Light, despite the fact that you are posting snippets from it. Did you forget to include it among your projects, or is it 100% complete and therefore no longer a work in progress?

Return to David's Dimension